Did you know that Central Park is home to many different kinds of birds?
From Robins to Owls, and everything in between! So grab your binoculars, and go for a “birdwalk.” Before you go, here are some helpful tips:
- Keep your eye on the bird! Bring the binoculars to your eyes, don’t look away.
- Keep your fingers on the center focus wheel. Turn until it’s clear. This can take months of practice, but don’t give up!
- Shhhhhh…..stay quiet…every bird has a different call, a different song. Listen for it. Then follow the sound.
- Think of the tree where you spot a bird as a clock. The bird is the minute hand. Then you can tell others where it is. For example, “Look! A Cardinal, twelve-forty!”
- If you see any movement, keep your eyes right on it. Eventually you will spot that bird. Good luck and enjoy your birdwatching!